If you’re feeling stuck, looking for inspiration, or just yearning to travel, we have 27 travel quotes for you. These quotes are sure to get you feeling good and ready to get out the door or eager for your next trip.
Even if you don’t have the privilege to travel you can escape to another world through these travel-inspired quotes. Take the moment to see the world through the words of some of those that have traveled the world and seen things that we have yet to see.
27 Travel Quotes to Inspire You to See The World
1. “Not all those who wander are lost” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
2. “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” ~ Harun Yahya
3. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” ~ Sandra Lake
4. “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” ~ Caskie Stinnett
5. “Traveling – It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” ~ Ibn Battuta
6. “Oh the places you’ll go.” ~ Dr. Seuss
7. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body.
You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” ~ Anthony Bourdain
8. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” ~ Wallace Stevens
9. “Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions.” ~ Peter Hoeg
10. “Paris is always a good idea.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
11. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” ~ Buddha
12. “Drink heavily with locals whenever possible.” ~ Anthony Bourdain
13. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than the ones you did do” ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.
14. “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” ~ Dalai Lama
16. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” ~ Susan Sontag
17. “To travel is to live.” ~ Hans Christian Anderson
18. “Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer” ~ Jean-Léon Gérôme
19. “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” ~ Dagobert D. Runes
20. “You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.” ~ Miriam Adeney
21. “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” ~ Chuck Thompson
22. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ~ Andre Gide
23. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the trip.” ~ Babs Hoffman
24. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” ~ David Mitchell
25. “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” ~ Ray Bradbury
26. “Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.” ~ Doyglas Ivester
27. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.” ~ Saint Augustine
We hope that these travel quotes have inspired you to get out and travel, to book that trip you’ve always dreamt of, or just to experience something new in life.
The world is a big place and can seem daunting. Sometimes we just need to do something as simple as reading inspirational words on a page to give us that courage to get out, explore, and see the world. Whether that means driving to the next town over, swimming in new waters, hiking mountains in a faraway land, or just spending time in a completely different culture than we’re accustomed to.
Feeling inspired? Check out more quotes:
What Is Spain Known for & Famous For? Spain has fascinated people for centuries and is still an extremely popular tourist destination. If you’re one of the people drawn to Spain by its rich history and culture, you probably want to learn a few things about its...
What Is Norway Known for & Famous For If you’re planning a trip to Norway, you’re likely barraged by the number of attractions and sightings you’re interested in seeing! Therefore, I’m writing this article in hopes that all your questions about Norway and where to...
What Is Sweden Known for and Famous For Sweden is an economically and culturally rich country located in Northern Europe and the third-largest country in the European Union. Renowned for its high standard of living, low crime rates, and a proportionally large number...
What Is India Known for & Famous For India is one of the world's most densely populated and culturally diverse countries. Known for its religious diversity and incredible cultural heritage, India is a unique, anthropologically rich place with an alluring history....
What Is Iran Known for & Famous For Iran is a country located in Western Asia. It is one of the longest continually existing civilizations in the world, tracing its roots to the Persian empire. Therefore it is a country worth exploring. Iran has a fascinating...
What Is Syria Known for & Famous For Syria is possibly one of the most underrated countries in the world. Famed for its historical prowess and cultural charms, Syria is a Middle Eastern haven of beautiful scenery influenced by many generations of different...